Saturday, October 25, 2008

SAturday night - Steve note

I'm doing just fine, and the bypass is, in my mind, very much superior to the stent option. The surprise was, even to my very seasoned and experienced cardiologist, the extent and number of narrowings in my coronary arteries, and therefore bypass, as they are un-stentable. They have me stuck in the hospital till the Monday operation, but I have email access and am reviewing a manuscript.

7 comments:

Michael Jones said...

Looking forward to being with you. Lots of love from Cassandra and I!

Stan Angrist said...

Hi Steve,
As you may or maynot know I had a quad bypass in 1993. I am still kicking. If I can help you in anyway please dont hesitate to call on me. Our thoughts and prayers are with you....stan a

Cassandra said...

Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you all day! Hugs and Kisses Cassandra

walking473 said...

Hi, Steve... As you know, CABG is a pretty common operation--which doesn't make it any less of a big deal, but does put you in lots of good company, such as Stan... I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Pat

Michaela said...

Hi, Steve -

I love the image of you working away in your hospital room! We will be thinking of you today.

With lots of love,
Michaela

Cassandra said...

I am off to Bangkok in a few minutes I hope the surgery went well. xoxox Cassandra

Anonymous said...

Dear Steve, WOW! Reviewing the manuscript in the hospital room..., you are a great inspiration to colleagues!
Elena